Wednesday, October 3, 2018

easy tips to make your kids lunch box fun + cute



Hello, I'm Karissa, the crazy mom that lives for making their kids lives extra, extra!  Please tell me I'm not alone. I have been posting a few of my lunch inspo's on my instagram (here) and always get asked how I have time time or energy to do this kinda stuff. I honestly love this kinda stuff + this fuels my creative outlet. I promise it doesn't take too long, itsn't super expensive and honestly is worth it when your picky little eater looks forward to getting surprised everyday and actually eats their lunch! If you want to be a little extra with me, here are a few tips to help you make your kids lunch fun + cute. 


1.  c u t e   l u n c h   b o x 

We have this set from stuckonyou. I love how are their products are customizable and can be personalized with your childs name. Jules clearly loves unicorns so she went that route but they have so many options available for both girls and boys. This bento box is what makes making lunches easy and makes the presentation look so neat and thought out. I get asked a lot if they leak into the other compartments and the answer is no! We have packed yogurt and noodles before and have had zero issues. I also really like the different inserts that are available. The labeling in each of them makes deciding what healthy things to pack a little easier. 



2.  f e s t i v e   s a n d w i c h   c u t t e r s   +   s n a c k s 

This is probably Jules' favorite thing ever! When she first started school all she asked for was a unicorn sandwich. Found this set on amazon and use it so much. You don't even have to have a sandwich cutter, simple cookie cutters would totally work too! This is a simple way to make their pb&j's festive. Imagine all the jack o lanterns you can do in October ohhh and the the cute Christmas trees and Santas in December! So fun and so cheap! I also love to pack a fun little themed treat in each lunch, wheather it's this unicorn poop or fun apple fruit snacks for Johnny Appleseed day. Just ordered some black and orange yogurt  covered raisins for October!







3.  f e s t i v e   n a p k i n s 

Again super easy and cheap! You can get these fun themed napkins on one of your (many) weekly Target trips. 







4.  f u n  + c o l o r f u l   a c c e s s o r i e s 

These hands down make lunch time fun! Super easy and helps keep their lunch box clean when you're doing messier foods. I like packing fun little acrylic forks and cupcake toppers so Jules can eat with! The best part is they're acrylic and can be washed and reused. 







5.  s w e e t   n o t e s

Another stuckonyou find! I absolutely love these. They personalized and a perfect way to remind you little ones that you're missing and thinking about them. 



I make her lunches the night before so I'm not scrambling around in the morning. I refrigerate it all unless I'm making her a grilled cheese or giving her left over pasta, etc. If thats the case then I make/warm it up in the morning right before we leave. I use these ice packs to keep her food cool and use this to keep her food warm. I'm also not the best at picking healthy options since Jules is so picky so I have to get creative. I get most of my ideas on Pinterest. If you'd like some ideas follow my school lunch board, here

 one of the lunches Jules loves: 
heart bp&j / heart strawberries / cut up pepperoni stick / babybel cheese / pumpkin seeds / veggie chips


Jules is all about rainbows and unicorns right now so the first two months of school were full of colorful lunches. I'm super excited to be in October and start making her some spooky lunches full of spiders and eyeballs. I'm working on getting a few halloween lunch ideas together and will be back with some creepy lunches, here on the blog. Hope this inspired you to get creative and have fun.



m o r e   f u n   o p t i o n s 





p i n m e :





20 comments :

  1. Thanks for this information for help and sharing your nice thinking. i think There are 2 good blogs on the internet.One of your bloger. One of them was about packaging. her company provide different type of packaging such as
    popcorn boxes
    pastry box
    chinese takeout box

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this information for help and sharing your nice thinking. i think There are 2 good blogs on the internet.One of your bloger. One of them was about packaging. her company provide different type of packaging such as
    popcorn boxes
    pastry box
    chinese takeout box

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only aspire to write material like this. I am extremely impressed with your presentation of the sound points in this article. Thank you for writing this engaging content. Custom Popcorn Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you have described about Custom Packaging, Donut Boxes, Rigid Boxes, Candle Boxes, Shoe Boxes is great, every start up business should try to get Custom boxes for their product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunset OUT NOW! Listen to the music by Swaray is a independent singer and rapper based in California.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probiotics , nondigestible carbs that feed friendly bacteria and help them multiply. They may even be helpful on their own, at recalibrating microbiota that have been thrown out of whack by stress; a recent study found mice who ate prebiotics slept better after a stressful experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ayurvedic treatment is a best way to cure disease by using herbals because it doesn’t have any scientific side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So if you need custom boxes then reach us to do no matter what is the size, shape or design we are all set to give you the best services in the USA.custom cosmetic boxes
    custom hair extension boxes
    bakery boxes
    soap boxes
    custom boxes

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family every time say that I am wasting my time here at web, however I know I am getting familiarity every day by reading your posts https://aiwah.pk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Copper Tongue Cleaner should be designed keeping Flexibility through bending in mind. Generally higher the bend or flexibility, so better is the tongue cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We make Custom Cigarette Boxes with superlative designs and impeccable accuracy. It is our mission to always leave a mark on the minds of our clients by creating cigarette boxes that give them a competitive edge and catch their attention.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice sharing, I want to describe my article here. Ife you are search for cigarette and it's packing theory. You are in read right comment. So, after reading this information, you have been understand how All You Need To Know Empty Cigarette Boxes? and it’s selling procedure. If you are any questions or concerns related this topic then place a comment below. Also, if you are looking for packaging articles then you should visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know a very little about this, but after reading this. I learned a few new things that is very helpful to me. It is worth for reading, it's not a time wasting thing.
    hemp flower packaging

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing article! The blog was a wealth of knowledge. Keep going!
    Window Soap Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  17. Outstanding piece of writing! The blog provided a lot of useful information. Keep it up!
    Wholesale Soap Box

    ReplyDelete